§1 Applicability to entrepreneurs and definitions of terms
(1) The following general terms and conditions apply to all deliveries between us and a consumer in the version valid at the time of the order.
A consumer is any natural person who concludes a legal transaction for purposes that are predominantly neither commercial nor self-employed (§ 13 BGB).
(2) The contract language is German.
§2 Conclusion of a contract, storage of the contract text
(1) The following provisions on the conclusion of a contract apply to orders via our internet shop https://www.stilwiese.net.
(2) If the contract is concluded, the contract comes to terms with
(3) The presentation of the goods in our online shop does not constitute a legally binding contract offer on our part, but is only a non-binding invitation to the consumer to order goods. By ordering the desired goods, the consumer makes a binding offer to conclude a purchase contract.
(4) When an order is received in our online shop, the following rules apply: The consumer submits a binding contract offer by successfully going through the ordering procedure provided in our online shop.
The order takes place in the following steps:
1) Selection of the desired goods
2) Confirm by clicking the “Order” button
3) Checking the information in the shopping cart
4) Click on the “Checkout” button
5) Registration in the internet shop after registration and entering the registration details (e-mail address and password).
6) Re-examination or correction of the respective entered data.
7) Binding dispatch of the order by clicking the button “order for a fee” or “buy”
Before the binding submission of the order, the consumer can return to the website on which the customer’s information is recorded and correct or correct input errors by pressing the “Back” button in the Internet browser used by him after checking his details Cancel the order process by closing the Internet browser. We immediately confirm receipt of the order by an automatically generated email (“order confirmation”). With this we accept your offer.
(5) Storage of the contract text for orders via our internet shop: We save the contract text and send you the order data and our terms and conditions by email. You can also view the terms and conditions at any time at https://www.stilwiese.net/agb/. You can view your past orders in our customer area under My Account -> My Orders.
§3 prices, shipping costs, payment, due date
(1) Unless expressly agreed otherwise, the prices are for the product and packaging. Shipping is shown plus. The statutory value added tax is not included in our prices, as we are exempt from this as a small business owner according to §19 UStG. Unless otherwise stated in the order confirmation, our prices apply in “euros”.
(2) The prices quoted include the statutory sales tax and other price components. Any shipping costs will be added.
(3) The consumer has the option of paying by direct debit, PayPal.
(4) Unless otherwise stated in the order confirmation, the net purchase price (without deduction) is due for payment within 14 days of the invoice date. Deduction of discount requires special written agreement.
(5) We reserve the right to start production in individual cases only when the amount invoiced has been received.
(1) Unless we have clearly stated otherwise in the product description, all items we offer are ready for dispatch immediately. The delivery takes place here at the latest within 5 working days. In the case of payment in advance, the deadline for delivery begins on the day after the payment order to the bank commissioned with the transfer and, for all other payment methods, on the day after the conclusion of the contract. If the deadline falls on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday at the place of delivery, the deadline ends on the next working day.
(2) The risk of accidental loss and accidental deterioration of the item sold is only transferred to the buyer when the item is handed over to the buyer, even in the case of sale by mail.
§5 retention of title
We reserve ownership of the goods until the purchase price has been paid in full.
You can find our detailed cancellation policy at https://www.stilwiese.net/widerrufsbelehrung/.
§ 7 Warranty, warranty rights
a) Claims for defects on the part of the customer require that the customer has properly complied with his inspection and complaint obligations under Section 377 of the German Commercial Code. An insignificant deviation of the delivered goods from the agreed or customary quality does not give rise to any warranty rights of the customer; this applies in particular to minor deviations in material, color, print and weight. The customer is obliged to independently check the products for their suitability for the intended use.
b) If the delivered goods are defective, we have to either remedy the defect or deliver a defect-free item (supplementary performance).
If we are not ready or able to remedy the defect or a replacement delivery, if this is delayed beyond a reasonable period of at least 2 weeks set by us, or if the remedy or replacement delivery fails in any other way or is unreasonable for us, the customer is entitled to choose to withdraw from the contract or to reduce the purchase price accordingly. Section 3 (1) of these terms and conditions of sale and delivery applies to claims for damages. We only bear the reasonable expenses of the supplementary performance, max. up to the amount of the purchase price. The purchaser bears the costs of subsequent performance that arise from the fact that the goods delivered are brought to a location other than the purchaser’s place of business.
c) Insofar as the customer asserts claims for defects against us on the basis of public statements on our part, our suppliers or assistants, in particular in advertising or when labeling certain properties (Section 434 (1) sentence 3 BGB), the customer bears the burden of proof for the fact that this statement was causal for his purchase decision. We are not liable for statements and advertising claims made by third parties
Alternative Dispute Resolution in accordance with Art. 14 (1) ODR-VO and § 36 VSBG:
Die Europäische Kommission stellt eine Plattform zur Online-Streitbeilegung (OS) bereit, die du unter https://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr findest. Zur Teilnahme an einem Streitbeilegungsverfahren vor einer Verbraucherschlichtungsstelle sind wir nicht verpflichtet und nicht bereit.